Monday, September 22, 2008

Denis Walter Quits WIN News

WIN Television has announced today that Denis Walter, the presenter of the network’s five regional news bulletins in Victoria including the Goulburn valley bulletin, will be moving to Melbourne radio station 3AW. Walter will replace Ernie Sigley as the presenter of the station’s afternoon shift, whose semi-retirement was announced last week. “I have thoroughly enjoyed every minute of presenting WIN News,” Mr Walter said. “It has been an absolute honour to deliver the news that matters most to local communities, every weeknight for the past 15 years.” “If there was a way to combine both roles, I would jump at it.” “This local news service is unmatched anywhere in Australia and I remain extremely proud to have been a part of that,” he said. Walter moved to WIN News in 1992 after presenting the weather for National Nine News in Melbourne. His tenure saw WIN shift from producing two to six bulletins a day from its studios in Ballarat. Mr Walter will present his last bulletin in November. Source: http://report.mediaspy.org/